Thursday, September 20, 2007

Obedience

"All God's revelations are sealed until they are opened to us by obedience.

You will never get them open by philosophy or thinking. Immediately you obey, a flash of light comes. Let God's truth work in you by soaking in it, not by worrying into it.

The only way you can get to know is to stop trying to find out and by being born agin. Obey God in the thing He shows you, and instatly the next thing is opened up. ......

It is not study that does it, but obedience. The tiniest fragment of obedience, and heaven opens and the profoundest truths of God are yours straight away.

God will never reveal more truth about Himself until you have obeyed what you know already...

-from "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.


"Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;" Hebrews 5:8

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:21

No comments: